Our geotechnical drilling and field investigation teams have conducted geotechnical investigations for virtually every kind of structure on land and on water.
• High and low-rise buildings
• Industrial facilities for petrochemical, paper, steel manufacturing, and ship building
• Roads and highways
• Ports and harbors
• Levees and dams
Our Resources: People and Technology
Thompson Engineering has its own equipment and its own dedicated staff of geotechnical professionals. This ensures a swift and seamless deployment so your project can proceed – and succeed – on schedule.
Thompson Engineering’s 20-ton track mounted CPT Rig evaluates soil composition with the following:
• 5 ton capacity seismic piezocone
• 10 ton capacity seismic piezocone
• Automatic seismic hammer
• Real time relay of information
• CPTu- continuous collection of pore water pressure
• Automatic push rate control to ensure data is collected within ASTM guide lines
• No lab test required, reduces data collection to engineering time
• Capable of collecting both P and S seismic waves
• High productivity up to 700ft a day (depending on site conditions)
• Capable of grouting through the rod string during retraction
• Correlations available geotechnical parameters like:
Thompson’s fleet also includes conventional truck-mounted drilling rigs,and skid and all-terrain rigs for hard-to-access sites. Our equipment can tackle any landscape: soft ground, wooded hillsides and shorelines. Your project also benefits from our professional, survey-grade GPS equipment for x-y-z survey control at test sites.
Our in-house drilling crews are qualified and safety trained. They maintain TWIC, OSHA 40-hr, CSX rail safe training, and E-Verifile cards.
Geotechnical Investigation & Drilling Services
Thompson Engineering offers a wide range of subsurface sampling and data acquisition services to meet the challenges of every situation: