Thompson Engineering has been selected to provide Quality Assurance material testing services for the final two packages related to the Airbus Assembly Line project at the Mobile Aeroplex at Brookley. The two new contracts bring the total number of Thompson Engineering contracts for Airbus work to seven. “We are appreciative of being awarded another important role in the Airbus project and are honored to continue to be a part of such a significant development in Mobile,” said John Baker, President. “Our selection for multiple roles on this project is a true testament to the quality of our employees and organization.”
In addition to the two contracts mentioned above, Thompson Engineering is providing:
- Civil, Structural, Geotechnical and Survey services for the Airbus Central Utility Plant
- Design consultant services for all site development activities to include airfield paving, ramps, lighting and utility infrastructure
- Construction Material Testing and Quality Assurance Services for the Final Assembly Line
- Civil and Architectural Design for the Paint Shop
- and Engineering Design, Survey and Construction Inspection for the Alabama Industrial Development Training (AIDT) center.
Thompson Engineering’s sister company, Watermark Design Group, served as architect-of record on the AIDT center. Classes began in the aviation training center in May 2014.