The Associated Builders and Contractors Mid Gulf Chapter held its 2010 Safety Awards of Excellence, Excellence in Construction Awards and Safety Director of the Year dinner on May 27, 2010. The ABC Awards of Excellence Program has become the premiere competition within the construction industry. Each year the ABC Mid Gulf Chapter sponsors a special awards competition for commercial and industrial contractors. Entries, in a variety of categories, include a selection of the most outstanding construction projects built by Alabama Gulf Coast ABC member contractors. The ABC Safety Awards of Excellence Program recognizes companies whose safety performance and programs are judged to be exemplary and exhibit a lasting commitment to jobsite safety. Safety Excellence Awards are based on data submitted by company Safety Directors. Award categories are based on a company’s total work-hours per calendar year. A company must have zero lost time incidents to be considered for the highest level awards, the Eagle Award and the Safety Director of the Year Award.
Thompson Engineering received 6 awards
- 2010 Eagle Award – Gulf Coast Safest Company (Highest award given)
- 2010 Safety Director of the Year, Alex Napier
- 2009 Zero Lost Time Award
- 2010 Safety Award, Platinum Level
- 2010 Excellence in Construction Award, Excellence Level, ADCNR Gulf State Park New Concrete Fishing Pier
- 2010 Excellence in Construction Award, Excellence Level, ThyssenKrupp US 43 New Interchange and Access Road